Jaffa Marble Cake
A classic flavour combination of chocolate and orange, this cake is perfect as a self-indulgent snack.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
225g unsalted butter
1 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cups The Healthy Baker Self Raising Flour
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
Zest of two oranges
1 drop orange food colouring
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease and line a 20cm square or round cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Fold in the flour and buttermilk.
- Scoop half of the mixture into a separate bowl and fold in the cocoa powder. Fold the orange zest and food colouring into the rest of the batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the cake tin, mixing up the two flavours. Then, using a skewer or sharp-pointed knife, gently swirl them around to create a marble effect.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Once completely cool, mix together the icing sugar and orange juice until you have a lovely thick icing mixture.
- Spread this over the cake and let set before slicing into thick squares and serving with a big cup of tea.