Baked Brie with Maple Roasted Almonds in a Crusty Bread Bowl
Brie, is soft, buttery and mild enough to go with pretty much everything. This recipe takes cheese to a whole new dimension!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
1 round loaf
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large round of brie cheese
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp white wine
1/2 cup maple-roasted almonds
1 sprig rosemary
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Using a serrated bread knife, slice off the round top part of the bread and pull bread out of the centre creating a crater to fit the cheese in. Place on a baking tray lined with paper. Tear this bread into chunks and place on another baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Gently slice off the very top of the cheese then place into the hollowed-out bread.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Pour over the wine and bake along side the tray of bread chunks for 20 minutes. Serve topped with the maple roasted almonds.
For the maple roasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Toss 1 cup natural almonds with 1/4 cup maple syrup.
- Spread over a baking tray lined with paper, sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool then break apart and store in a jar or airtight container.