Coconut, Walnut and Chocolate Slice
This simple, decadent slice is always a hit – it travels well and keeps for a few days too so its a great thing to take camping, to a picnic or to give to a friend.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Makes about: 16 slices
3/4 cup (60g) rolled oats
1 1/2 cups (225g) The Healthy Baker Plain Flour
1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar
125g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup (100g) walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
1 cup (190g) milk chocolate pieces
1 x 400g can condensed milk
1 cup (90g) desiccated coconut
Preheat oven to 180C and grease and line a brownie tray.
- Blitz the oats in a food processor then tip out onto a work surface, add the flour, icing sugar and butter and, using the heels of your hands, bring everything together until you have a rough dough.
- Press this into the prepared tin and cook for 20 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Sprinkle the cooked base with the walnuts and chocolate pieces.
- Drizzle with the condensed milk and then sprinkle with the coconut.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let slice cool completely before cutting into squares.