Salted Peanut Chocolate Chip Biscuits
These are a classic flavour combination and always a huge hit. These bake up into lovely thin discs and when served between a scoop of good vanilla ice cream make an incredible ice cream sandwich!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Makes about: 10
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup The Healthy Baker Plain Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1/2 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 180C and line two baking trays with paper.
- Cream the butter and peanut butter together in a stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- Add the sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Now add the egg and vanilla and beat again until well incorporated.
- Fold in the flour, salt, and bicarb soda until just combined.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop or two tablespoons, scoop out dough into biscuit shapes.
- Chill for 10 minutes then bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Let them cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes, then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely.
- These will keep in an airtight container for several days, but they are best while fresh!