Simple Blueberry Muffins
A summertime classic, these light and fluffy blueberry muffins are so simple the hardest part will be stopping at one!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
1 1/2 cups (225g) The Healthy Baker Self Raising Flour
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup (185ml) buttermilk
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
3/4 cup (185ml) auzure Canola Oil
200g blueberries (or any other berry or seasonal fruit you prefer)
Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
1. Measure the flour, sugar and a pinch of salt into a large bowl and mix to combine.
2. In a mixing jug, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, vanilla and oil.
3. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined (don’t over mix or the muffins may not be as light and fluffy as you’d like).
4. Add blueberries and fold once more lightly.
5. Divide equally between the muffin cases and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Serve warm.